Medical Massage is not a general massage treatment. Rather, Medical Massage is applied as a manual therapy to the specific area and the primary pathology of the patient's chief complaint.
Medical Massage is delivered to an anatomical region based on soft tissue evaluation and joint findings and after diagnostic palpation.
The Medical Massage protocol involves several progressive levels of treatment which attempt to correct abnormal conditions affecting the patient and to restore opotimal health.
Medical Massage provides pain relief and stress management for the patient.
When To Prescribe
Worker's Compensation Injuries
Auto Accident & Whiplash Injuries
Back Pain & Sciatica
Neck Pain & Headaches
Stress, Anxiety & Depression
Why Doctors Refer To Medical Massage Associates
* It's easy to stay informed of your patient's progress. Every session is charted and you receive patient treatment updates every 4th session.
* Medical Massage Associates have specialized training and experience. This requires a higher level of competency and education.
* Patients often recover from injuries or illness more quickly and with less discomfort.
* An increasing number of patients are requesting alternative health care options that reduce the need for costly medications.
* Insurance billing (BWC and Auto) is completed for patients making medical massage treatment simple and affordable.
Medical Massage Therapy and Clinical Rehabilitation
A therapeutic Medical Massage program can help your patients:
- reduce pain
- increase range of motion
- establish and maintain normal muscle tonicity
- maximize potential for enjoying normal activities after accidents or injuries
- reduce stress and anxiety during an illness or injury and the treatment that follows
A good Medical Massage therapy program provides effective treatment through a skilled, hands-on approach that utilizes palpation, examination and treatment.
HOW TO REFER
Simply fax, mail, or have your patient hand deliver the prescription.
Contact us today for more information, prescription pads or professional courtesy chair massages at your office.
* INSURANCE BILLING FEE SCHEDULE
Insurance Billing Rates for practitioner submission of patient claims differ from the Standard Rates for clients that pay by cash, check or credit card. The Insurance Billing Rates conform to guidelines published for physical medicine and reimbursement by the insurance industry.
Your therapy treatment is billed by Amy A. Wardwell, LMT. Because you are being treated under a prescription from a medical doctor or chiropractor, you are considered a “patient” instead of a “client” and thusly, we must bill all services under the appropriate physical therapy modalities and procedures. This is done is 15 minute segments and each session can last from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
These fees reflect the mandatory and additional training and skills in medical terminology, medical massage techniques and insurance billing procedures to effectively work with insurance companies.
Our office becomes legally responsible to:
Keep medical notes.
Keep your doctor advised about your progress
Be ready to give legal testimony if called upon
Keep copies of all records
Ensure that your treating therapist is duly licensed
Ensure that your therapist is knowledgeable about specifics of your problem
Advise the patient as to his/her condition
Discharge the patient in a timely fashion
Keep patient aware of development in the medical massage field
File and submit all bills assigned to MEDICAL MASSAGE ASSOCIATES
Communicate with insurance representatives, attorneys, etc., about your medical care and/or case status
Our fees for professional services reflect these responsibilities. They incorporate the necessary patient assessments, insurance documentation, progress reporting and claim follow up procedures required to work cooperatively with the insurance and medical communities.
MODALITY or PROCEDURES FEES TIME UNIT
Therapeutic Massage Therapy 97124 $30.00 15 min
Manual Therapy Techniques 97140 $35.00 15 min
Therapeutic Exercise/Activities 97110 $40.00 15 min